To Obtain Your Registration "CODE"AP Forum, Please Send A Request To: autoprofessionals@mail.ru

If you can not register is possible your IP is block please reboot Router or use a diferent network .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDS software to ODB2 connection which interface?
Honda 
I have spent countless hours reading forums and trying to figure out which interface device will work with the HDS software, from ver 2.0 to 3.017.
So far I was able to get HDS to comunnicate with a 2010 Insight but only limited, for example it does not see the CAN Gateway or SRS system initialization.

I have used a Mini-VCI J234 cable ($30 on ebay) that said HOnda HDS compatible, and also HIM interface ($120 ebay) connected to RS232 port, and with these I can look at engine ECU and others, but not all modules.

In searching further into this issue, it may be that the J234 is a pass through device and good for only diagnostics not programming.

To have full function someone stated that only a GNA600 or HIM interface is the only ones capable. Then searching on the HIM interface there were comments that only a double board HIM will work, so now I don't know if my HIM is a double board or not, but obviously its not seeing everything so it may not be a double board.

I tryed to ask MHH Auto for a registration code, but no response yet, it seems there is a lot of discussion over there about these issues, but you cannot do a search unless you are a member.

At this point I am stuck, if someone can shine some light on this subject, or share your success story?                    
Thanks given by:
The HIM was replaced by the GNA600 because the GNA can read the CAN system. You'd need a GNA600 to read CAN modules.
Thanks given by: mghonda
My mini vci can read all modul but cant program key . i sugges to you re instal windows . use xp sp3 and instal hds again . i am use 3.017. Version
Thanks given by:
I am using XP sp3, and mini vci with 3.017. geovani, can you go to CAN GATEWAY with your mini VCI and see if it reads it? When I try to go there it saiz not supported, like in my last picture above.
So it may be that with a $400 GNA600 then it will be a full function diagnostic system as hasoon2000 mentioned, no alternatives?
Thank you hasson2k!
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2016, 10:39 AM)mghonda Wrote:  I am using XP sp3, and mini vci with 3.017. geovani, can you go to CAN GATEWAY with your mini VCI and see if it reads it? When I try to go there it saiz not supported, like in my last picture above.
So it may be that with a $400 GNA600 then it will be a full function diagnostic system as hasoon2000 mentioned, no alternatives?
Thank you hasson2k!

I think your car not this feuture
Thanks given by:
Giovani, I am sure the 2010 Insight has CAN bus communicating between the different computers, including enhanced communications, thats why need a tool that can access all if want to fix all problems.

I took the 2010 Honda Insight to another person that had software on his laptop that connected to the vehicle and initialized the used OPDS module, and SRS light went out, problem solved. Anim_19
The Honda dealer said they cant initialize a used OPDS module, and a new one is needed, and quoted $1000 to fix it. 76

I tried with the Honda HDS 3.017 and miniVCI and HIM but these devices apparently do not communicate over the CAN bus and are limited. It may be that with the GNA600 it might work, but I did not pursue that since vehicle problem was corrected.

I will look into a multi platform software with enhanced diagnostics and CAN communications that will work not only on HONDA, but other makes too.
Thanks given by:
(05-17-2016, 05:12 AM)mghonda Wrote:  Giovani, I am sure the 2010 Insight has CAN bus communicating between the different computers, including enhanced communications, thats why need a tool that can access all if want to fix all problems.

I took the 2010 Honda Insight to another person that had software on his laptop that connected to the vehicle and initialized the used OPDS module, and SRS light went out, problem solved. Anim_19
The Honda dealer said they cant initialize a used OPDS module, and a new one is needed, and quoted $1000 to fix it. 76  

I tried with the Honda HDS 3.017 and miniVCI and HIM but these devices apparently do not communicate over the CAN bus and are limited. It may be that with the GNA600 it might work, but I did not pursue that since vehicle problem was corrected.

I will look into a multi platform software with enhanced diagnostics and CAN communications that will work not only on HONDA, but other makes too.

You must gna600 selected interface
Thanks given by: